Thursday, January 21, 2010

Elin

Ember wanted to know more about the Hourglass. I couldn’t help but smile when she started to take interest in the subject. There was so much that I needed to tell all of them, and so much I had to hold back. My mother had gained the knowledge of both good and evil when she was in a battle where she lost her sister. Well, technically she would have been her cousin after she married my dad. I noticed Sarge licking my fingers, pulling me out of my thoughts. “We should go back soon.” I stated, “I don’t want Jack to make a run for it.” Ember laughed.

“I never would have believed in this.. ability stuff either if you hadn’t showed me.” The corners of her lips pulled up.

“And we will have to do the same thing with him. He has a power, I can tell. It makes me wonder what it is,” my voice ended in a quizzical high note.

“How did you know what mine was?” Ember questioned.

“It was easy to tell, especially knowing who your parents were. Like your mother and her father, you have a temper. You have the capacity to hold the intensity of the power. Usually it is built up in rage by the fire element keepers.”

“Does that mean I can control fire too?” She asked excitedly.

I paused before answering. “No.” Her eyebrows crunched a little in confusion.

“Then why are you telling me about the fire ability?” She tightened her grip on Sarge’s leash.

“The ‘Fire element’ can come in two different ways. It can be through flames or electricity, or both. You just happened to get electricity,” I told her as we approached the camp. We both new if we wanted to get Jack on our side we would have to drop the conversation at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment