Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ember

“ Don’t worry Elin,” I reassured her. “ only a MORON wouldn’t believe what’s RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE. And I’m sure Jack isn’t as STUPID AS HE IS LETTING ON.” I heard a grunt from outside the tent and I smiled at Elin. She didn’t smile back though. I looked away and curled up. I began to wonder what exactly was ahead of us. I wondered about all the things Elin knew, and what would become of all of us. I wondered what my parents were doing right now, and if they were worrying about me. I wondered if we would end up like those people in the newspaper. Labeled as terrorists.

As night fell, I heard Elin’s breathing slow into a steady inhale and exhale, telling me she was asleep. I held my hand in front of my face, the scene of the strange girl jolting off the car replying in my mind. How did I do that? More importantly, how did she catch up with our car? Would we be seeing her again? These thoughts weren’t exactly comforting, but I drifted off to sleep anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment