Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ryder

“ Ryder! Would you stop tracking all this sand through the house, every day?” Rebecca grumbled angrily, walking into the kitchen as a maid was cleaning up my plate.

“ Sorry.” I answered the same reply as I always did.

Rebecca sighed and shook her head. “ What am I going to do with you?” She brushed her long, red hair out of her face. Her rusty brown eyes scanned the room.

“ I don’t get it.” I told her. “ Why do they have all these maids and house keepers running around, keeping the place sparkling… if they are never even here to see it?”

“ That’s an exaggeration.” Rebecca scolded. “ They are very busy people.”

“ Right. And where is my mother right now?” I raised my eye brows.

“ She is in Hawaii, relaxing after a very tiring and stressful business trip.” Rebecca folded her arms and stared at me with angry eyes.

“ And my father?”

“ France. Again, he’s taking some time off after-”

“ Yeah, Yeah.” I interrupted, turning away. “ A very stressful business trip.” I sighed and stared out the window.

“ They will be back home soon enough.” She told me softly. I didn’t answer. I stood up from the table, pushed in my chair, and headed for my room. Rebecca meant well, and I knew she was only trying to make me feel better. Though, she really wasn’t doing a very good job at it. I knew it was a lie. No, my parents wouldn’t be home soon, and for that, I was glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment